Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My daughter, while devouring this, repeated a phrase she once heard in a talk "Surely the food of the Gods". It is divine. The walnuts remind me of those expensive jarred walnuts in syrup you get at the grocery store. Consider adding in some fresh raspberries too. The original recipe called for 1 C walnuts, we like more. You can add 1 t vanilla if you like to the syrup. Refrigerate extra nuts for another day. You can garnish with some chopped candied ginger if you like.
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 4 peaches
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts, whole & coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup candied ginger, chopped (optional)
- Place the ice cream in four dessert cups. Place in freezer.
- Combine corn syrup, brown sugar, butter, walnuts and ginger if using in pot and bring to a boil. Cook rapidly for 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Top ice cream with 2 peach halves (or slices to equal same). May be fresh or canned peaches. Spoon walnut sauce over each. Sprinkle with a little chopped candied ginger if desired.
Tagged for PAC. This was easy, no need for a candy thermometer, with good directions. This was good, although I felt the sauce didn't have quite enough flavor. It got lost in the peaches. :) Maybe pecans would help, or toasting the nuts. I didn't use the ginger though, didn't have that. Have sauce left over (made it for just me) so I will play with it a bit.