Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from Randi Levin, The Muffin Lady. She is an international award winning author and publisher.
- 4 large croissants
- 3 -4 eggs
- 3 -4 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb strawberry, washed and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries (optional)
- Slice each croissant almost in half, so that when they open they resemble a butterfly shape.
- Beat the eggs, milk, and spices together.
- In a seperate bowl, whip the cream cheese until soft and smooth.
- Spread the cream cheese on both sides of each croissant, and top with strawberry slices and blueberries, pushing the fruit slightly into the cream cheese.
- Fold the croissant back into full shape.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium to high heat.
- Dip the filled croissants into the egg mixture - allowing both sides to soak up the egg mixture.
- Gently lift the filled croissants out of the egg mixture and place onto frying pan.
- Fry on one side until golden, turn over and fry the other side until golden, about two minutes per side.
- Serve warm with fresh fruits, flavored syrups, honey, or preserves.
Cut this recipe in half for 2 of us & had a really nice breakfast! Another time this will definitely be for company! Topped these beauties with some homemade strawberry syrup ~ OUTSTANDING! Thanks for a great keeper of a recipe! [Made & reviewed as a thank you to a chef-with-a-camera in the Help a Camera-less Chef Game #5]