Recipe by Southern Polar Bear
This recipe is from Randi Levin, The Muffin Lady. She is an international award winning author and publisher.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Cut this recipe in half for 2 of us & had a really nice breakfast! Another time this will definitely be for company! Topped these beauties with some homemade strawberry syrup ~ OUTSTANDING! Thanks for a great keeper of a recipe! [Made & reviewed as a thank you to a chef-with-a-camera in the Help a Camera-less Chef Game #5]
- 4 large croissants
- 3 -4 eggs
- 3 -4 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb strawberry, washed and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice each croissant almost in half, so that when they open they resemble a butterfly shape.
- Beat the eggs, milk, and spices together.
- In a seperate bowl, whip the cream cheese until soft and smooth.
- Spread the cream cheese on both sides of each croissant, and top with strawberry slices and blueberries, pushing the fruit slightly into the cream cheese.
- Fold the croissant back into full shape.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium to high heat.
- Dip the filled croissants into the egg mixture - allowing both sides to soak up the egg mixture.
- Gently lift the filled croissants out of the egg mixture and place onto frying pan.
- Fry on one side until golden, turn over and fry the other side until golden, about two minutes per side.
- Serve warm with fresh fruits, flavored syrups, honey, or preserves.