Recipe by SaucyCook
Wonderful for hors d'oeuvres. From a Louisiana cookbook, Revel.
Top Review by diner524
My kids and DH love the buffalo wings, but I am not crazy about hot/spicy burn your mouth types of foods, so this was made for me. I just used two drumsticks and marinaded them overnight and planned to fix for lunch. A tornado hit our home that day so we were without electricity and I had to cook them a different way, so I grilled them and basted with the sauce as they grilled. I just loved these even though it was the wrong cooking method. I will definitely make these wings for me and let the rest of the family have the hot ones!! Thanks for sharing SaucyCook. Made for Spring PAC 09.
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 (7 ounce) can beer
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 -3 lbs chicken wings (drumettes or the part that looks like little drumsticks)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 8 ingredients and stir until dissolved.
- Pour over chicken and marinate overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- Be sure sauce covers all pieces.
- Drain and save marinade.
- In a large skillet, heat a small amount of oil and brown chicken on all sides over medium heat.
- When brown, add 1/2 cup marinade; cover; reduce heat and simmer 15-20 minutes.
- Stir and add more marinade, if necessary.
- This may be cooked a day ahead and then reheated in oven before serving.
- Add marinade to moisten before heating.
- Serve hot in a chaffing dish.