Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is one of my favorite recipes, but definitely not a low-fat, low-cal, low-carb, etc. treat! :)
- 64 individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
- 5 tablespoons coffee creamer (I like to use flavored kinds, my fav. is Hazelnut)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter, melted
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350*. In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt together the caramels and coffee creamer, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Stir in the melted butter until well blended. Press Half of the mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking pan. Reserve the rest.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove and sprinkle with chocolate chips and walnuts. Pour the caramel mixture over the top and then crumble the remaining crust mixture over everything.
- Return to the oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until the top is lightly toasted. Cut into squares while it is still warm.