Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
An easy comfort food with a fancy name. Came from a recipe book called Quickies.
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 cups chicken broth or 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 potatoes
- 1 bunch celery
- 1 cup milk
- fresh ground pepper
- Saute 1 chopped onion in 1 T butter until softened, about 5 minute.
- Stir in 1 T flour.
- Stir in chicken or Vegetable broth which ever you are using and fresh ground black pepper.
- Add 2 cubed peeled potatoes and 1 bunch sliced celery, about 6 cups.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer, from 20 - 25 minutes.
- Puree in a food processor or blender.
- Reheat with 1 cup milk.
- Serves 4 - 6.
We enjoyed this soup - a great way to use up extra celery quickly! I did add a teaspoon of Garlic Plus and a teaspoon of ginger paste.