1/1 Photo of Celery Tofu Florentine
The idea came trying to find a lower calorie version of a macaroni casserole. I have substituted cut up celery for macaroni pasta noodles (similar in shape). It's an easy to prepare casserole that reheats well and is really delicious -- by my calculations its 150 calories per serving (total 6). Hope you enjoy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray (like Pam)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen spinach (thawed & drained)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 14 ounces tofu (firm, lite variety)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup (Campbells)
- 1 head celery, chopped into half-moon pieces
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1Spray saute pan w/ cooking spray& saute onion until just starting to brown.
- 2Add thawed& drained spinach, spices& saute until all moisture is evaporated.
- 3In food processor: puree tofu& cream of celery soup, then add spinach/onion mixture& process until smooth (adjust seasonings).
- 4Mix w/ chopped celery, place in baking dish& top w/ parmesan cheese.
- 5Bake, uncovered@ 350 degrees for 40 minutes Makes 6 servings,~ 150 cals each serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Celery Tofu Florentine
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 131.8
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 9.2 mg
- Sodium 557.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 9.4 g