Prep 1 min
Cook 2 mins
When you want some good old fashioned stuffing to go with your chicken. Maybe not exactly the same thing but not bad. =) The melba toast (or Grissini breadsticks) are optional. You can also lay this on your allotted piece of protein (chicken would probably be preferable) and then roll up your chicken around it. Then bake. =)
- 236.59 ml celery (thinly sliced, or however you like it)
- 0.25 ml salt (or you can use a dash of Bragg Liquid Aminos but I don't know if that's considered "off protocol")
- 0.25 ml garlic
- 0.25 ml basil
- 0.25 ml marjoram
- 0.25 ml oregano
- 0.25 ml sage
- 0.25 ml black pepper
- 1-2 melba toast (optional, finely crumbled)
- Cut celery into thin slices.
- Add seasonings (to taste) and crumbled breadsticks / melba toast (if you choose to use them).
- Mix thoroughly.
- Microwave on HIGH for about 2 minutes in a microwave-safe bowl. (If you like your celery less crunchy, you can microwave it longer.).
Update Apr 15 - I made this again but added some shredded carrot and minced onions and that is very good also. Oddly enough, this was quite good and indeed reminiscent of stuffing! I used more than a pinch of spices, I was quite liberal with them. I think I would add a wee bit of onion the next time. I will definitely make this again, I really enjoyed it. Thank you!
I love it. Thank you
I was a little skeptical about this one (I mean, really, how much like stuffing could this really be?), but it was AMAZING! I only had about 3/4 of a cup of celery, but ended up adding two pinches of everything (except the oregano - only 1 pinch of that), added in onion powder, and used 1 grissini. After I microwaved it for 2 minutes, I topped it with my pre-cooked, pre-seasoned chicken, and microwaved it for another minute. The kitchen smelt like Thanksgiving Day! I will definitely be repeating this one. I've still got 11 more days of Phase 2, and I'm thinking I might make this everyday :) Thanks for a delicious protocol recipe!