Recipe by Cassachusetts
When you want some good old fashioned stuffing to go with your chicken. Maybe not exactly the same thing but not bad. =) The melba toast (or Grissini breadsticks) are optional. You can also lay this on your allotted piece of protein (chicken would probably be preferable) and then roll up your chicken around it. Then bake. =)
Top Review by mums the word
Update Apr 15 - I made this again but added some shredded carrot and minced onions and that is very good also. Oddly enough, this was quite good and indeed reminiscent of stuffing! I used more than a pinch of spices, I was quite liberal with them. I think I would add a wee bit of onion the next time. I will definitely make this again, I really enjoyed it. Thank you!
- 1 cup celery (thinly sliced, or however you like it)
- 1 pinch salt (or you can use a dash of Bragg Liquid Aminos but I don't know if that's considered "off protocol")
- 1 pinch garlic
- 1 pinch basil
- 1 pinch marjoram
- 1 pinch oregano
- 1 pinch sage
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 -2 melba toast (optional, finely crumbled)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut celery into thin slices.
- Add seasonings (to taste) and crumbled breadsticks / melba toast (if you choose to use them).
- Mix thoroughly.
- Microwave on HIGH for about 2 minutes in a microwave-safe bowl. (If you like your celery less crunchy, you can microwave it longer.).