Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
An easy appetizer from Bon Appetit, November 2000. We usually add some Cajun seasoning, chili powder, or Tabasco for a little more of a kick. We also discovered that we like this even better as a spread on crackers.
- Use 24 small inner celery stalks with leaves(from about 3 bunches of celery).
- Whisk mayonnaise, buttermilk and paprika in small bowl to blend.
- Mix in cheese and tomatoes.
- Season mixture with salt and pepper.
- (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.).
- Fill cavity of celery stalks with cheese mixture.
Very good, I substituted cream cheese for the mayo though, and replaced the buttermilk w/ heavy cream - both personal preferences in case your like me and I like to avoid warm mayo (taste).
This was very very good! I did add Tabasco and cajun seasoning and it gave us just enough kick. This is really a great appetizer and good for you too! Thanks for sharing, lazyme.