An easy appetizer from Bon Appetit, November 2000. We usually add some Cajun seasoning, chili powder, or Tabasco for a little more of a kick. We also discovered that we like this even better as a spread on crackers.
- Use 24 small inner celery stalks with leaves(from about 3 bunches of celery).
- Whisk mayonnaise, buttermilk and paprika in small bowl to blend.
- Mix in cheese and tomatoes.
- Season mixture with salt and pepper.
- (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.).
- Fill cavity of celery stalks with cheese mixture.