1/1 Photo of Celery & Spinach Soup
A tasty (rather sweet) chowder from award winning Quebec Chef Anne Desjardins! Garnish with fresh goat cheese and virgin olive oil croutons.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1/2 apple, peeled,seeded & cubed
- 1/2 head of celery, strings removed,minced
- 1/2 celery root, peeled & cut into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 3 cups chicken stock or 3 cups broth
- 1 small potato, peeled & cubed
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 30 small cubes country bread
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1SOUP: Melt butter in a large pot; cook onion& apple until softened.
- 2Add celery, celery root, vinegar& stock and bring to a boil.
- 3Add potato& simmer for 40 minutes.
- 4Stir in the spinach, simmer for a minute & puree in a blender.
- 5Season to taste & set aside.
- 6CROUTONS: Preheat oven to 400F.
- 7Combine bread cubes & oil in a large bowl; mix well.
- 8Place on a baking sheet & bake for approximately 6 minutes.
- 9Remove from oven & set aside.
- 10CHEESE: Mix all ingredients in a small bowl.
- 11SERVE: Reheat soup & pour into dishes.
- 12Add 5 croutons to each bowl - top with about 1 tbsp of goat cheese.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Celery & Spinach Soup
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4077.8
- Calories from Fat 492
- Total Fat 54.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 19.8 mg
- Sodium 8910.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 750.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 44.1 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 131.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: