Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
My husband likes it a little bit peppery so you may need to adjust the amount of pepper to your taste.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 big onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 potato, medium, cut into cubes
- 6 stalks celery, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 chicken stock cube
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons white pepper powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt (to taste )
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 liter water
- Melt the butter in a wok; add the cooking oil; once it is hot add the onion and garlic; stir fry until onion is soft.
- Add the potato and celery; stir to combine with the chicken stock cubes, nutmeg, white pepper, salt and sugar.
- Add the water; bring to boil; reduce heat.
- Simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes or until potato is cooked.
- Cool before putting mixture in a food processor.