Recipe by GRACE R.
I got this recipe from my aunt, and every time I make it, I think of her. She would make this in the winter, but it can be make anytime. I hope you try this recipe, it is easy and yummy. Enjoy!
- 4 lbs sirloin beef
- 2 heads celery
- 3 large fresh tomatoes
- 2 large white onions or 2 large yellow onions
- 1 (10 ounce) canhot Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 cups rice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper
- beef broth or water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut you beef small bite size pieces add salt and pepper to beef.
- Chop celery put in large bowl.
- Chop tomatoes put in bowl.
- Cut onion in half, and slice thinly put in bowl.
- In a stock pot brown you beef, about 20 minutes.
- Add all ingredients from bowl to stock pot (onions, tomatoes, celery).
- Let simmer with beef until celery is tender, about 20 minutes.
- When tender add your cans of Rotll, dice tomatoes and tomato sauce to pot stir well.
- Fill pot with your broth or water almost to the top.
- Bring to a boil add your rice cook for another 20 minutes on high, then simmer for another 20 minutes.
- Add cilantro, and let simmer.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.