- 1 lb celery, chopped
- 4 ounces onions, chopped
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 1⁄2 pints chicken stock or 1 1⁄2 pints vegetable stock
- 1⁄4 pint milk
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Sweat the onions in the butter until soft.
- Add the celery and a small amount of stock, put a lid on the saucepan and sweat down for 5 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the milk and keep a low simmer until heated through, season to taste and serve.