Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Food & Wine. Skip the bean-shelling step by purchasing shelled edamame.
- 4 large tender celery ribs
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped celery leaves
- 2 cups frozen edamame, in their pods (soybeans)
- 2 scallions, white and tender green parts, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf
- 1 tablespoon torn mint leaf
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- sea salt
- In a food processor or with a sharp knife, slice the celery as thinly as possible.
- Put the celery in a bowl of ice water and crisp for 15 minutes.
- Drain and pat dry. Wipe out the bowl and return the celery to it.
- In a medium saucepan of boiling water, cook the soybeans for 5 minutes.
- Drain and refresh under cold water. Shell the soybeans and pat dry.
- Add the soybeans, scallions, cilantro, mint and celery leaves to the celery and toss well.
- In a bowl, whisk the lime juice with the oil. Pour the dressing over the vegetables, season with salt, toss and serve.
- Make Ahead: The recipe can be prepared through Step 1 and refrigerated for 4 hours.