Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 (14 ounce) package firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar (not seasoned)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 large celery ribs
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Rinse tofu and pat dry, then cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Arrange slices in 1 layer on a triple thickness of paper towels, then cover with another triple thickness of paper towels.
- Put a small baking sheet on top of tofu and weight with 3 (1-lb) cans (this removes excess moisture), 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together oils, vinegar, soy sauce, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Trim celery, then peel with a vegetable peeler and slice very thin diagonally. Cut tofu crosswise into 1/4-inch-wide sticks and transfer to a bowl.
- Toss gently with dressing, celery, sesame seeds, and salt to taste.