1/5 Photos of Celery Salad With Walnuts and Blue Cheese
Entered for safe-keeping, looks like a nice crunchy salad for the summer. Recipe by Russ Parsons in 2/17/07 LA Times, but I added times for toasting the walnuts. Please read the reviews, some tweaking is needed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine shallots and vinegar in small bowl and set aside.
- 2Toast walnuts on baking sheet in 350-degree oven for 8-20 minutes or over medium heat for 3-5 minutes in small skillet. When walnuts become fragrant, remove from heat. Do not scorch walnuts. Set aside.
- 3Slice celery on bias, making exaggerated V-shaped pieces. Place in large serving bowl.
- 4Whisk together shallots, vinegar and oil in small bowl. (Do not add salt and pepper at this time; many blue cheeses are very salty.).
- 5Coarsely chop walnuts and add to celery.
- 6Pour over 1/2 to 2/3 of dressing and toss to coat well. Add more dressing as needed; salad should be moistened, but there shouldn't be leftover dressing in bottom of bowl.
- 7Add blue cheese and toss lightly to combine. Taste and add salt, if needed, and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Celery Salad With Walnuts and Blue Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.7
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 16.8 mg
- Sodium 378.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 7.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar