Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe was in a library cookbook that stated this was a good way to use up celery.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 cups celery, diced
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups milk
- 4 ounces Roquefort cheese
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- In a soup pot, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the onions and celery, cover and cook, stirring frequently until soft but not browned, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the water, cover, and bring to a simmer.
- In a blender, combine the milk, Roquefort, and the cream cheese; and puree until very smooth.
- Stir the puree into the soup and add salt and pepper.
- Reheat and serve hot.