Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was adapted from Cooks Illustrated. Refreshing and different. A small amount of sliced fennel bulb might make a good substitute for the seeds.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 13 -14 ounces celery root, peeled and rinsed (about 1 medium)
- 1 small granny smith apple, peeled & cored
- 3 tablespoons red onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon, minced
- 2 teaspoons of fresh mint, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon orange zest, minced finely
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fennel seed, slightly crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- To make the dressing: In a medium bowl whisk together lemon juice, mustard, honey and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Slowly add the oil while whisking to incorporate.
- Add the sour cream and whisk to combine.
- Coarsely grate the celery root and apple.
- Immediately mix both into the dressing to prevent browning.
- Stir the onion, herbs, zest, and seeds.
- Adjust to taste with salt & pepper.
- Chill 30 minutes and serve.