Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Refreshing and Nutty. You can adjust the yoghurt sauce to your liking, I used a 2:1 ratio here but feel free to adjust, or substitute sour cream. This recipe tastes just as yummy with added grated apples.
- 2 medium celery root
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of (to rub)
- 1⁄2 cup yoghurt, strained
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup walnuts, finely crushed
- 1 garlic clove, minced (optional)
- Peel celery roots and rub them with lemon juice to prevent darkening.
- Work in batches as celery roots darken very quickly. Grate the roots and as you grate, transfer them to a bowl and mix with some more lemon juice.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, mix well.
- Chill before serving.