1/1 Photo of Celery Root Remoulade
Celery root is the homeliest of vegetables, but you'd never know it once it's all dressed up in this! Here's a super-easy and relatively quick way to prepare this great veggie!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 celery root, scrubbed and trimmed (aka celeriac)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or a milder oil if you prefer)
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1Combine 1-1/2 teaspoons salt and lemon juice in large bowl.
- 2Working quickly, peel and quarter the celery root. Shred in food processor. Combine with lemon juice and salt, tossing to coat well. Let sit about 20 minutes. The lemon juice will tenderize the celery root, and keep it from browning as you make the dressing.
- 3Bring about a cup of water to boil in medium saucepan; set a medium bowl over pot (to make a double boiler).
- 4Add mustard and boiling water to the bowl, whisking till well combined.
- 5Drizzle olive oil into mustard mixture, whisking all the while. Do this slowly and whisk well so the dressing doesn't "break".
- 6Dribble vinegar into mustard mixture, still whisking constantly; add salt.
- 7Remove dressing from flame and let cool slightly.
- 8While dressing cools, rinse shredded celery root in a fine strainer. Squeeze out any excess moisture and return to large bowl (dry out the bowl first, though).
- 9Toss celery root with dressing till well coated. Fold in mayonnaise gently. Stir in parsley.
- 10This keeps in the fridge for 2-3 days, and gets more and more tender as it sits.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Celery Root Remoulade
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 65.1
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1023.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: