This is a bit different from the usual lasagna. It's like a combination of a lasagna and a gratin. No pasta in it so I am assuming it is good for low carb diets.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400*F.
- 2Peel the celery root and cut it in half to make it more manageable.
- 3Using a mandoline, electric mandoline, or begetable slicer, cut into paper thin slices.
- 4In a large pot, bring 6 quarts of water to a rolling boil.
- 5Add the lemon juice, 3 TBS of salt and the celery root, stirring to prevent from sticking.
- 6Cook until tender but firm, about 7 minutes.
- 7DRain thoroughly, carefully pressing out any excess water.
- 8Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine the tomato sauce and cream, and warm over low heat.
- 9Taste for seasoning.
- 10Butter a gratin dish.
- 11layer 1/3 of the drained celery root on the bottom of the gratin dish.
- 12Top with 1/3 cup of the tomato sauce and 1/3 cup of the cheese.
- 13Repeat two more times until all the celery root, tomato sauce, and cheese have been used.
- 14(The dish can be prepared to this point several hours in advance. Bring to room temp before baking) Place in center of the oven and bake until golden brown, about 40 minutes.
- 15Serve immediately, cut into thick wedges.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Celery Root Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.6
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 50.3 mg
- Sodium 892.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 10.1 g