This is a fabulous recipe courtesy of Emerile Lagasse, and do your self a favor and make this . It's an eating experience! Invite your friends and have a BBQ and these fries. If you have trouble finding the celery root (it's really ugly) just ask for it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs whole celery root, peeled, and cut into french fry style pieces, just not too thick
- 1/2 cup flour (seasoned with 1 tsp. Essence,recipe follows)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (seasoned with 1 tsp. Essence)
- salt and pepper
- oil (for frying)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup snipped chives (optional)
Remoulade Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup prepared mayonnaise or 1 cup homemade mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced celery
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon creole mustard (or any grainy mustard)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- salt and pepper
- 1Combine all essence ingredients and store in an air-tight jar or container.
- 2For remoulade sauce: Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix until well incorporated. Season with salt and pepper.Set aside.
- 3For the celery root French fries:.
- 4Lightly toss the celery root in the flour.
- 5Dip into the egg mixture, removing any excess.
- 6Turn into the bread crumbs, coating both sides completely.
- 7In a large saute pan, heat the vegetable oil.
- 8When the oil is hot, add the celery root fries, carefully, as not to over-crowd the fries.
- 9Fry on one side until golden, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- 10Turn over and continue frying until done, about2 to 3 minutes.
- 11Remove with slotted spoon and place on a paper-lined plate.
- 12Spoon a small amount of the remoulade sauce onto the plate and pile the fries in the center. Adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper.
- 13Garnish with parmesan and chives.
- 14Note: Prep. time does not include making the Essence.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Celery Root French Fries With Remoulade Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 325.7
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 59.3 mg
- Sodium 4087.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 13.3 g