Recipe by mollypaul
A beautiful presentation when filled with steamed or creamed vegetables or fish. A delicious side from the Wisconsin Chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 3 large celeriac (celery roots)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash paprika
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash celery roots; pare and cut into cubes.
- Cook in boiling water to which 1 teaspoon salt has been added for 15 minutes.
- Drain and mash.
- Preheat oven to 350F and butter a ring mold.
- Whip egg whites to stiff peaks and lightly beat the yolks in a separate bowl.
- Add beaten egg yolks, remaining salt, pepper, paprika and cream.
- Mix thoroughly; fold in egg whites.
- Pour mixture into ring mold, place in a pan of hot water, and bake 30 to 45 minutes or until firm to the touch.