Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Epicurious. I would serve this with roast pork or beef.
- 2 celery ribs, sliced thin
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup long-grain rice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 cup water
- In a small heavy saucepan cook the celery and the onion in the oil over moderately low heat, stirring, until the onion is softened, add the rice and the caraway seeds, and cook the mixture, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Stir in the water and salt and pepper to taste, bring the mixture to a boil, and simmer it, covered, for 15 minutes, or until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed.
- Let the pilaf stand, covered, for 5 minutes and fluff it with a fork.