Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Sweet and crunchy!Yummmm!
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 1⁄2 cups cider vinegar
- 2 bunches celery, chopped
- 6 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- Mix all ingredients well in a large pot.
- Bring to the boiling point, reduce the heat, and simmer until thick, about 1 hour.
- Spoon into hot, sterilized jars, fill with the cooking liquid, leaving 1/8" headspace, and seal.
- If you wish, process in a boiling water bath 10 minutes.
Very interesting taste! This reminds me of something I had out in the Amish Country, but I was not able to get the recipe.
Great tasting relish. I belong to a farm co-op and each week there's always one vegetable or fruit that I just don't know what to do with in the quantity that I get. Mainly celery. This is perfect.
Wow - this is terrific! An unusual combination of ingredients that cooks into a wonderful relish. It smelled so good while cooking too! This is great on crackers and sandwiches - can't wait to try it on a turkey sandwich after Thanksgiving! Thanks for posting this keeper!