Lightened version of a quick side dish recipe found in Family Circle magazine - Oct. 17,2008 issue. The original used full-fat soup and sour cream as well as regular bacon. The soup, bacon and French-fried onions are already loaded with sodium so I think the additional salt could be omitted..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch dice (4 cups)
- 4 cups diced celery
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can fat-free cream of celery soup
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 slices turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup French-fried onions
- 1Place potatoes and celery in a large pot of water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain and return to pot.
- 2In a medium bowl, mix soup, sour cream, parsley, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- 3Stir soup mixture, half the bacon pieces and half the French's fried onions into potato mixture.
- 4Spoon into a greased 2- quart casserole dish. Microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- 5Sprinkle remaining bacon and fried onions over top of dish and microwave on high 2 minutes more.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Celery Potato Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.9
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 22.3 mg
- Sodium 612.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: