Prep 15 mins
Cook 22 mins
Lightened version of a quick side dish recipe found in Family Circle magazine - Oct. 17,2008 issue. The original used full-fat soup and sour cream as well as regular bacon. The soup, bacon and French-fried onions are already loaded with sodium so I think the additional salt could be omitted..
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch dice (4 cups)
- 4 cups diced celery
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) canfat-free cream of celery soup
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 slices turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup French-fried onions
- Place potatoes and celery in a large pot of water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain and return to pot.
- In a medium bowl, mix soup, sour cream, parsley, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Stir soup mixture, half the bacon pieces and half the French's fried onions into potato mixture.
- Spoon into a greased 2- quart casserole dish. Microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining bacon and fried onions over top of dish and microwave on high 2 minutes more.