1/1 Photo of Celery Fennel Soup
Fennel makes this soup very fragrant and flavorful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large baking potato, peeled and cubed
- 4 cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 head celery, chopped (include the leaves)
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed, and very thinly sliced (reserve 2 tablespoons of feathery top)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- salt, as needed, to taste
- 1In large covered saucepan simmer potatoes in chicken broth and wine until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, in large skillet over medium heat, sauté celery, fennel slices, and onion in olive oil until tender, about 15 minutes.
- 3Mash potatoes right in the broth mixture in the saucepan with a masher.
- 4Stir in celery-fennel mixture. Heat through. Season with pepper and salt.
- 5Chop reserved fennel tops and use to garnish each serving.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Celery Fennel Soup
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.2
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 86.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: