Imagine the aroma of home made cream of celery soup simmering on the stove. Simple, easy and rich in flavor.
- In a large sauce pan, melt butter, add celery, onions, and garlic.
- Cook over medium low heat until soft.
- Add flour and cook 1-2 minutes over low heat.
- Add chicken broth and bay leaf, bring to a boil reduce heat, cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf, puree (in small batches) in a blender or processor.
- Add cream, lemon juice, hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- Reheat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Garnish with celery leaves.