Perfect for a cold night!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large onion
- 1 large russet potato
- medium carrot
- 10 medium-length stalks celery, washed well
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5 cups , lightly-flavored great tasting, vegetable broth (or water)
- 2 cups cooked wild rice, brown rice, barley or 2 cups wheat berries
Celery leaf pesto (optional)
- 1Chop the onion, potato, carrots, and celery into pieces that are about 1/2-inch or smaller. Do your best to cut everything roughly the same size, this will keep cooking time across the ingredients somewhat uniform. You should end up with about 2 1/2 cups of chopped celery.
- 2In a large thick-bottomed soup pot over medium high heat combine the olive oil, onion, potato, carrots, celery and a few big pinches of salt. Saute for about ten minutes or until the onions and celery soften a touch and expel some water.
- 3Stir in the garlic and add the stock. Bring to a simmer and let cook for another 10 minutes or until the celery, carrot and potatoes are just cooked through - resist the urge to over cook them into mush. Stir in the rice a few minutes before the potatoes and carrot are cooked though.
- 4Process ingredients for the celery pesto in food processor for about 30 seconds. Ladle soup into bowls and top with the celery pesto. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Celery Celery Soup
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.9
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 170.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: