The apple and carrot flavors come through in this simple soup, made with easy to find ingredients. May be easily doubled or quadrupled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil over medium heat in large sauce pan. Add carrot, celery, and onion, allowing to cook 2 minutes.
- 2Add butter and stir to melt.
- 3Add stock and cook for 10 minutes.
- 4Add apple, tomato paste, bay leaf and brown sugar. Cook for 2 minutes longer. Remove bay leaf.
- 5Transfer soup to blender or use an immersion blender, blend until smooth. Strain soup through fine sieve, keeping liquid and discarding any solids.
- 6Season with salt and pepper and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Celery, Carrot and Green Apple Soup
Serving Size: 1 (641 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 424.0
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 37.7 mg
- Sodium 665.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 30.4 g
- Protein 9.2 g