I love celery and this bread fits the bill. It's great toasted. I love to make my tuna fish sandwiches on this. It has a nice light texture. I found the recipe somewhere on the internet. It makes a 1 1/2 pound loaf. Cook time is approximate time for the bread machine.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 3 tablespoons low-fat milk, heated
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons celery, garlic or 1 1⁄4 teaspoons onion salt
- 3⁄4 cup celery, fresh/slice thin
- 1 tablespoon celery leaves, fresh/chopped (optional)
- 1 egg
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons gluten
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 package active dry yeast (any kind)
- Add all the ingredients in the order listed.
- Select white bread and push"Start.
- "I use a Breadman Ultimate machine and I set it for a 1-1/2 pound loaf/light crust/white bread.
Great bread! I changed the flour to 2 cups white and 1 cup whole wheat. Didn't have any celery seeds so I used flax seeds instead. It was delicious.
The only change I made in this was to up the yeast to 1 tablespoonful because I was using the instabread (2-hour) cycle on my Toastmaster machine. It's a good thing this is a 2-pound machine, because it rose to the top! Wonderful bread! I never would have thought of celery for bread, but I enjoyed it for all three meals until it was gone (toasted for breakfast). The celery seeds just disappeared, so I think I might increase to 1 Tbsp next time. This is a 10-star recipe!