Recipe by robd16
This combination is genius and works incredibly well if I do say so myself! Every element of the dish complements the next. One of those things I make sometimes and live off it for days! Crunchy big chunks of refreshing celery set in blue cheese dressing with the sweetness of black grapes to offset both. The potatoes are a great foil to this and prevent it from being too rich. A great dish to serve at buffets or pot luck dinners Its a cheeseboard lovers dream and looks colourful and presentable too
- 2 lbs salad potatoes (I prefer a waxy variety like Charlotte)
- 8 large celery ribs, washed and cut into large diagonal chunks
- 500 g seedless black grapes (A large bunch of the best and darkest available)
- 150 g danish blue cheese, crumbled (approx)
- 400 ml approx Greek yogurt (Can use half mayo or low fat either)
- plenty fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the potatoes in plenty of salted water for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Whilst still hot, mix with the yoghurt and cheese and allow to more or less cool.
- Add the celery chunks and grapes along with plenty of black pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer to a clean bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Remove from the fridge 30 minutes before serving, mixing in any water that may have separated or adding more yoghurt or mayo if the dressing has been sucked up by the potatoes.