- 1 head celery
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 10 fluid ounces single cream (table cream)
- 1 ounce fresh breadcrumb
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200C/ 400F/ Gas 6.
- Reserve a few celery leaves for garnish, then cut the sticks lengthways into thin strips.
- Cut each strip into 2-inch lengths and put into an ovenproof serving dish.
- Mix the allspice, garlic and cream together and season to taste.
- Pour over the celery.
- Sprinkle with the breadcrumbs.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until the celery is tender.
- Serve hot garnished with the celery leaves.