Top Review by Missy Wombat
This smells fantastic when cooking. Imagine the disappointment when we only got enough soup for one serving each for 2 adults and a toddler. Double the recipe! Very nice soup.
- 1 lb celery
- 4 ounces onions
- 4 ounces dried apricots
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 pints vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim the celery, wash and thinly slice.
- Peel and finely chop the onion.
- Finely chop the apricots.
- Heat oil.
- Add celery and onion, cover and saute, without browning, for 10 minutes.
- Shake the pan occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Add apricots, stock and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before blending in a blender.
- Return to a pan and reheat.
- Serve hot.