Recipe by katie in the UP
This salad is simple ingredients, low in fat and delicious!! Everyday Food/March 2006 edition
Top Review by KCShell
I used 3 celery stalks and 2 apples instead of what was listed. I felt like this was a good balance between the two ingredients. I made the dressing as stated, which was just the right amount for the celery and apples I used. Loved the roasted pecans! I served it with steak and potatoes and it was a great compliment to the meal. Thanks, KCShell
- 1⁄4 cup pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar (I used rice wine vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon sugar (not necessary if using rice wine vinegar)
- 8 -10 stalks celery, peeled and sliced
- 1 apple, halved, cored and thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Spread pecans on a rimmed baking sheet; bake until lightly browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a med bowl, whisk together sour cream, vinegar and sugar (if using) until smooth.
- Add celery and apple. Toss gently to combine.
- Crumble toasted pecans on top, serve immediately.