Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found this recipe in Everyday Food. I have adapted it slightly to fit my DH and my tastes. Simple, quick and delicious.
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 3 heads Belgian endive, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- In a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, sugar, and onion powder. Add celery, endive and onion; season with salt and pepper. Toss.
I'm basing my review on the people who actually like celery - we love this salad! We also love endive. DH almost picked out the endive to eat, lol (he doesn't like celery). There is something to be said for simple salads - uncomplicated & tasty.Made for Aussie Swap 5/14.