Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Something a bit different. Nice summer side dish.
Make and share this Celery and Avocado Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper (or green bell pepper)
- 2 ripe Hass avocadoes, peeled, pitted and chopped into 1/2 pieces
- In a large bowl, combine oil, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Add remaining ingredients and gently toss to coat well.
I didn't have bell pepper on hand, but otherwise, I've made this twice as directed and both times have been pleasantly surprised at how tasty & quick it was.
YUMMY! I was very surprised to find a receipe for this (cos I only had celery and avocado in the fridge) and it was delicious. Very nice the next day on toast too.
Easy recipe. I used a mixture of yellow & dijon mustard, and it was great!