Recipe by Kate in Katoomba
This is a Luke Mangan recipe from the "Sydney Morning Herald". I posted this for Sackville Girl as she wanted recipes that used Truffle Oil. It is suggested that you make the celeriac puree in advance (even the day before).
- 1 celeriac (about 800g)
- 40 g butter
- 473.18 ml milk
- sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 24 bought miniature tart shells (or you could make your own with shortcrust pastry)
- truffle oil
- 29.58 ml finely chopped chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and roughly chop the celeriac.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter, add the celeriac and stir until well coated.
- Cook, covered, over a low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the milk and bring to the boil, then turn the heat down and simmer for 15 minutes or until the celeriac is very soft.
- Drain (discard all but 2 tblsp of the milk) and puree with the reserved milk until smooth.
- Season to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 180c and spoon the puree into the tartlets.
- Place on an oven tray and bake for 10 minutes, or until heated through.
- Drizzle with a little truffle oil and sprinkle with chives.
- Serve immediately.