Kate in Katoomba's Note:
This is a Luke Mangan recipe from the "Sydney Morning Herald". I posted this for Sackville Girl as she wanted recipes that used Truffle Oil. It is suggested that you make the celeriac puree in advance (even the day before).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and roughly chop the celeriac.
- 2In a medium saucepan, melt the butter, add the celeriac and stir until well coated.
- 3Cook, covered, over a low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Add the milk and bring to the boil, then turn the heat down and simmer for 15 minutes or until the celeriac is very soft.
- 5Drain (discard all but 2 tblsp of the milk) and puree with the reserved milk until smooth.
- 6Season to taste.
- 7Preheat the oven to 180c and spoon the puree into the tartlets.
- 8Place on an oven tray and bake for 10 minutes, or until heated through.
- 9Drizzle with a little truffle oil and sprinkle with chives.
- 10Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Celeriac tartlets with truffle oil
Serving Size: 1 (22 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 24.9
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 6.4 mg
- Sodium 19.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
miniature tart shells