From Australia the Beautiful Cookbook; New South Wales. “Celeriac has a fairly short season beginning in autumn and lasting into winter. This recipe is from Robin Howard, the chef and owner of a restaurant in Goulburn.” A food processor is referenced in the directions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE SOUP
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 celeriac, peeled and diced (celery roots, 800 g or 26 ounces)
- 1 cooking apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 6 cups full-flavored chicken stock (1.5 l)
- pepper, freshly ground
- 1Melt butter in heavy pot over medium-low heat. Add the celeriac and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 20 minutes. Add the apple and cook, stirring, until the apple is tender, another 10 minutes. Stir in the stock. Strain soup through a fine-mesh sieve or a food mill fitted with the coarse blade. Return soup to the pot, season to taste with salt and pepper and reheat.
- 2For parsley purée, fit food processor with the metal blade. Add parsley, pine nuts, salt and pepper to taste. Process until smooth. With the processor running slowly, gradually pour in the olive oil; the mixture should be thick.
- 3To serve, spoon 1 tablespoon of the parsley purée into each warmed soup bowl. Ladle the soup into the bowls and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Celeriac Soup With Parsley Purée
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 416.5
- Calories from Fat 357
- Total Fat 39.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 13.0 mg
- Sodium 258.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: