Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Celeriac is a delicious yet often ignored vegetable. It needs to be scrubbed well and then have all the tough peel removed with a good sharp knife. When you cut the celeriac, the flesh darkens in contact with air, so immediately place the cut pieces into water and lemon juice until final preparation.
- 4 cups julienned celeriac
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream or 3⁄4 cup yogurt
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons light cream or 2 tablespoons milk
- With a whisk, beat the oil into the mustard.
- Add mayonnaise and continue to beat, then add the sour cream or yogurt.
- Season to taste and add more mustard for a tangier taste.
- Thin dressing if desired with a little bit of cream.
- Mix with the celeriac.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
- This salad will keep for several days and get tender from sitting in the marinade.
This was lovely. Celeriac is not much known, but more people need to try it as it is so refreshing and tasty. The dressing in this salad is really good and really suits the rich flavour of the celecriac. A keeper.