Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Adapted from the complete casserole and one-pot cookbook. This makes a great side dish, and a nice variation on regular mash potato.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Add lemon juice to a bowl of water.
- Peel and dice celeriac and add to water (lemon prevents browning).
- Add celeriac and potato to 2 separate saucepans of water that has been salted.
- Cook celeriac for 25 minutes or until tender and cook potato for 15 minutes, or until tender. Drain.
- Place garlic on baking tray and roast for about 20 minutes, let cool and peel away skins.
- Add butter and cream to potatoes and mash.
- Using a food processor, add celeriac and garlic and pulse until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Add to potato mash and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
I love celariac especially mashed with potatoes It seems thatit is not well known or used in Canada - Pity. I didn't puree the potatoes & celariac as I like a little rougher texture Thanks for adding to a lovely Sunday dinner