Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very simple yet very tasty side dish.
Make and share this Celeriac Mash recipe from Food.com.
- 2 celeriac, peeled and cut
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cut
- 1 onion, diced into large pieces and divided in half
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a small sauce pot place celeriac, add water to cover.
- In separate pot place potato with water to cover.
- Place half the onion in each pot and simmer until each is fork tender.
- Strain liquid and place all ingredients, including butter, in a food processor or blender.
- Puree until mash has a smooth consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
I've made this twice now and love it! The celeriac (celery root) adds a sweetness to the potatoes and also a hint of celery flavor. It's really good. My favorite ratio is about 1/3 celeriac to 2/3 potato. A nice change from the usual mashed potatoes. Thank you, CoffeeMom.