Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I recently discovered celeriac (celery root) and I am trying to find ways or using it in recipes. This looks like a nice alternative to boiling it. I found this recipe in the February 2008 copy of BBC Good Food Magazine.
- Use vegetable peeler or sharp knife to remove the skin from the halved celeriac. (Rub a little lemon juice on the cut side of the other half before storing it, or it will turn brown).
- Cut into thin slices, then cut into matchstick strips as thin as you can manage.
- Do the same with the apple, discarding the core.
- Mix together the mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice and parsley.
- Then toss through the celeriac and apple.
I have been making this slaw for a few months and it is awesome. I have made it with and without the apple andI actually prefer it without the apple. If I have some red cabbage or carrot around I will add that too. It is really yummy and a great use of celeriac.