Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
I was experimenting with vegetarian foods and I tried this and my friends really like it.
- 1 large celeriac
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 0.25 ml nutmeg
- paprika (not the hot one)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 118.29 ml flour
- 236.59 ml breadcrumbs
- olive oil
- Cut the celery in half (makes it easier to handle) and peel.
- Cut it in slices about 1/2 inch thick.
- Put the celeryslices in a bowl with water and lemonjuice.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the celeryslices and cook, but don't cook it to soft. It should have quite some bite left to it.
- Transfer the celeryslices to a bowl of icewater to stop the cookingprocess.
- Pat them dry.
- Season them with the salt, pepper, nutmeg and paprika.
- Drench with flour.
- Coat with the beaten eggs.
- Coat with the breadcrumbs.
- Fry it in olive oil in a nonstick pan until nicely browned on both sides.
- Serve alone or serve with a slice of ham and cheese on top.