Chef #171286's Note:
I was experimenting with vegetarian foods and I tried this and my friends really like it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the celery in half (makes it easier to handle) and peel.
- 2Cut it in slices about 1/2 inch thick.
- 3Put the celeryslices in a bowl with water and lemonjuice.
- 4Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the celeryslices and cook, but don't cook it to soft. It should have quite some bite left to it.
- 5Transfer the celeryslices to a bowl of icewater to stop the cookingprocess.
- 6Pat them dry.
- 7Season them with the salt, pepper, nutmeg and paprika.
- 8Drench with flour.
- 9Coat with the beaten eggs.
- 10Coat with the breadcrumbs.
- 11Fry it in olive oil in a nonstick pan until nicely browned on both sides.
- 12Serve alone or serve with a slice of ham and cheese on top.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Celeriac Chops
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.2
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 211.5 mg
- Sodium 334.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 13.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: