Recipe by YummySmellsca
Chunky cut celeriac adds a new twist to oven fries. With less calories and carbs (and a lower GI) than potatoes, it won't hurt you blood sugar or your diet!
- 1 large celeriac, about 1 1/2 lbs, peeled
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or 2 tablespoons canola oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Cut the celeriac into thumb-thick slices and then into fat chips.
- Bring a very large saucepan of salted water to the boil, throw in the chips and boil rapidly, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes.
- Drain the chips and throw back into the saucepan.
- Add the oil, salt and pepper. Toss until well coated.
- Spread the chips over a large heavy baking sheet, leaving plenty of space (you may need 2 sheets).
- Roast for 30-35 minutes.