Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Celeriac is very ugly looking and you do waste a lot peeling it but try it - if you like celery you'll love this vegetable it has a mild celery flavor. The onion & lemon compliment it. I threw this together last night and it was rather good - You have to peel all the knots of the celeric and get in to the white flesh.
- 1 celery root, peeled (approx 2 cups of prepared root)
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- cooking spray
- Peel the root so you have only the white flesh, cut it into pieces apprx 1/8" thick and bite size.
- Immerse prepared celeriac in boiling water and boil 5 minutes, drain (keep the water to use in a soup recipe).
- Spray a fry pan (large enough to hold the veggies in a single layer) and heat it, Add celeriac& Onions.
- Rotate the veggies but allow the onions and celeriac to brown apprx 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle lemon over the veggies.
- Serve as a side dish vegetable.
Great recipe for a first time celeric eater! I received celeric in this week's organic CSA box and I had no idea what to do with it. This recipe was easy to make and really let us taste what celeric is. The lemon is a great enhancer. Thanks for this recipe!
Very lovely and simple dish that highlights the subtle but crisp flavor of celeriac. I steamed my celeriac until just tender enough to be pierced with a fork, rather than blanching. The onion adds more substance to this and a nice flavor that doesn't overpower the celeriac. The lemon juice ties them together quite well. I found this made more like 3-4 servings...2 servings would have to be huge. I think this dish would be a great intro to celeriac- it really gives you a good impression of how exactly it tastes...yummy!