Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A lovely tasty side dish to compliment any meal. If you are not watching calories etc add a couple tbsp of butter and top with some buttered crumbs. Add some cheese if you wish but it is also delish just plain. I like to use hot paprika.
- 2 cups celery root, pared and diced 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 cup apple, peeled, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon oregano, dried
- salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Prepare the celeric and par boil it for 5 minutes.
- In a baking dish mix together the onion, apple. oregano and celeric.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover with foil.
- Place in 375 preheated oven for 30 miutes.
- Season with salt & pepper.
This was a really great idea and perfect for the ingredients i had on hand. I added about 1/4 cup of salt water with some soy sauce in it too so the vegetables got a bit softer and absorbed some flavors. It was all very yummy.