1 hr 30 mins
merron-iru kami's Note:
A very tasty twist on classic patatoes au gratin. Comfort food at it's finest!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Coat an oven safe casseraole dish with non-stick spray.
- 3Arrange a layer of sweet potatoes, slightly overlapping. Sprinkle about a TB of flour on the potatoes, followed by salt and pepper, tarragon, 1 tb of butter (cut into small pieces)and 1 TB of cheddar.
- 4Repeat this process with the onions and celeriac, topping each layer with flour, butter, seasonings and cheese.
- 5Complete the gratin with a layer of sweet potatoes. Pour the cup of cream over the top of the casserole (slowly so it doesn't overflow). When it has sunk into the layers, season the top of the casserole, cover with tinfoil and bake until the vegetables are tender (about 45 minutes).
- 6Cover the gratin with the remaining cheddar cheese and return to the oven uncovered for an additonal 5 - 10 minutes so the cheese can melt.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Celeriac and Sweet Potato Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 395.7
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.9 g
- Saturated Fat 18.0 g
- Cholesterol 94.4 mg
- Sodium 267.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 8.4 g